Work environment

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FunkoPlan:
    Oh! Why do they feel sorry? So the "climate"'s not so good?
    Feel sorry because no one speaks to me....But actually, other than the lunch issue, it's fine for me. I just do what I'm suppose to do and my immediate boss leaves me alone too. I work alright with my colleagues, but it's not like very chummy or we have coffee and drinks after work kinda stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    Feel sorry because no one speaks to me....But actually, other than the lunch issue, it's fine for me. I just do what I'm suppose to do and my immediate boss leaves me alone too. I work alright with my colleagues, but it's not like very chummy or we have coffee and drinks after work kinda stuff.
    Yep, pretty much sums it up. Though having said that my previous secretary is a godparent to my daughter so we were quite friendly obviously

I'm beginning to realise after 10 months of working here. Sometimes, it's not that the local staff are snobbish or anything like that. But it's the language barrier. It's also a face issue. They don't want to look bad that they can't speak English. Other than that, they are very nice people.

I'm beginning to realise after 10 months of working here. Sometimes, it's not that the local staff are snobbish or anything like that. But it's the language barrier. It's also a face issue. They don't want to look bad that they can't speak English. Other than that, they are very nice people.
    All of the staff in my department speaks english,but still...when we had a "welcome-lunch",they communicated in cantonese and one guy translated (I guess not everything).

Well, meetings are all conducted in Cantonese, my boss just does the translation for me. Or sometimes she doesn't and I zone out. And because meetings are conducted in Cantonese, some, I don't have to attend!

Take your team out to Karaoke ... get them drunk and you'll see a different side, specially if you're not afraid to screw up "My Way" after six drinks.

Find atleast a couple of folks in the team who can see being friends with .... and make the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Take your team out to Karaoke ... get them drunk and you'll see a different side, specially if you're not afraid to screw up "My Way" after six drinks.
    Find atleast a couple of folks in the team who can see being friends with .... and make the effort.
    What an advice
    One of my teammates told me yesterday: "I can drink a bottle of vodka all week long! And what about Russians? I've heard you can make it at once!" What a stereotype,oh

alcohol and karoke....bonding done!

Well, meetings are all conducted in Cantonese, my boss just does the translation for me. Or sometimes she doesn't and I zone out. And because meetings are conducted in Cantonese, some, I don't have to attend!
    I think the same situation would be with me,except that the secretary is in charge of translation!

alcohol and karoke....bonding done!
    hehe,maybe smth's missing: nightclubbing, girls (for male part)???