paying recruitment costs back to employer

paying recruitment costs back to employer

ok, heres the deal. my employment contract says i have to pay my employer back for all costs they spent to recruit me if i leave within 2 years and i know they are likely to enforce it if i decide to move on.

i personally don't think i'll have a way round it if i do decide to move on.

but i know you lot are a bright and resourseful lot, so any of you think there is a way round it. am happy to listin to sensible and not so sensible suggestions.

i am also well aware i gave advice on the resignation thread about reading employment contract etc.

Not heard of that one before. Heard of repaying any training costs but not recruitment. Not sure on employment law in HK so can't give you legal advice. Recruitment costs could be enormous depending on how they calculate it.

i tot usually its the 'relocation cost' that has to be returned. i never heard recruitment cost to be returned..

that's going to cost u, around 25~30% of your first year pay!

and when they say two years, if you quit after 1.5 years, u shld only be paying 25% of the cost, not the full cost.