Like Tree34Likes

6 months job hunting ( work-permit :(

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai:
    Reminds me of this classic
    Is it just me or does Mr. Gervais look like Rosie O'Donnell?
    SiuMaiTaiTai likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    I have logged in on the phone and copied the address. Try this:

喜愛夜蒲實錄, 蘭桂坊男男女女要幾喪有幾喪!!! - YouTube
    What the heck is the woman at the end of video doing?

I just saw the YouTube movie, very funny
    You know part of the YouTube movie of me is à part of the dance, other part just entertainment and improvise.
    Not really the dance iam doing, also other part dronken , makes my dance like iam drunk to, Next time if iam dancing Will Be aware , that there is no dronken couple behind

Quote Originally Posted by Ramdom:
    Is it just me or does Mr. Gervais look like Rosie O'Donnell?
    Harsh...but I can see where you are going with that ! haha!

What the heck is the woman at the end of video doing?
    I believe she is kicking her fat galoot of a boyfriend in the back of the head in a sadistic attempt to revive him. Obviously!!
    Ramdom likes this.

Dutchman - I said begging because it is an English expression, its not meant to be taken literally.
    But in seriousness, I think you are unlikely to find a job in the areas you have enquired about. Your best bet is to marry your GF (if its a serious relationship) or perhaps try Dutch companies in HK using your language skills (dutch, not English!) as your selling point.
    Skills such as sales, dancing or being a model aren't going to land you a working visa...

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai:
    Harsh...but I can see where you are going with that ! haha!
    Harsh for whom? (hope I used it correctly or I'm gonna get beat down)

To me, both seem equally matched.

Have you been in contact with Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong ?

Harsh for whom? (hope I used it correctly or I'm gonna get beat down)

To me, both seem equally matched.
    I don't apply PDLM's principles of robotic English, but it seems to me that "who' should be used in that case.

One of us is going to get a robotic beatdown now!
    Ramdom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman26:
    Had about 20/25 interviews.
    - sales jobs commision only
    - working for healtry products
    - working company sell alcohol
    - small restaurants
    - sponsorship executive

all they say , you(might)be suitable for our company and fit perfect in the team,
    - but sorry we not sponsor any work permit.
    OP: You may want to familiarize yourself with the requirements for an employment visa in Hong Kong - in short the job vacancy cannot be something that can be filled by local talent and you typically need a university degree or greater - think things like lawyer, accountant, consultant and other professional positions, English teacher, etc. It seems that for at least for some (and quite possibly all) of the positions you have listed above an employment visa would not be granted as the criteria would not be met.

Here is an exerpt from the Immigration web site regarding eligibility for an employment visa:
    III.
    General Employment Policy (GEP)

Eligibility Criteria

20. Applicants who are not non-local graduates but possess special skills, knowledge or experience of value to and not readily available in the HKSAR may apply to come to work under the GEP.

21. An application for a visa/ entry permit to take up employment under the GEP may be favourably considered if:

(a) there is no security objection and no known record of serious crime in respect of the applicant;
    (b) the applicant has a good education background, normally a first degree in the relevant field, but in special circumstances, good technical qualifications, proven professional abilities and/or relevant experience and achievements supported by documentary evidence may also be accepted;
    (c) there is a genuine job vacancy;
    (d) the applicant has a confirmed offer of employment and is employed in a job relevant to his academic qualifications or working experience that cannot be readily taken up by the local work force; and
    (e) the remuneration package including income, accommodation, medical and other fringe benefits is broadly commensurate with the prevailing market level for professionals in the HKSAR.
    The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department
    Dutchman26 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast