I've been offered a job, which I accepted in principle, pending negotiations with HR on the package (every indication was that they were OK with the range I asked for). But suddenly I received a phone call and what seemed to be a very curt and impromptu interview by a very senior person at the company. No welcome on board or anything like that. It ended with him saying that he hadn't had a chance to review my CV yet.
Now I'm left wondering if the offer still stands! I've already declined another interview just this morning and am going to be so annoyed if there is any problem. Any advice?