Normal salary for 1year experienced foreigner

Closed Thread

Normal salary for 1year experienced foreigner

Hi all,

I just moved to HK and worked as an marketer in a HK company.
    I am a foreigner, graduated from a univ in my country and worked for 1 year in my country.
    I came here and started working as an marketer charged in my country.

Normally, how much is the salary for this case?

Thank you so much for your help

What position are you talking about?

If you considering a Marketing Executive level for a local level then about $13-$15k with that experience level of 1 year.

Do you have a visa? Or right to work otherwise? If you got sponsored then you should be getting a decent salary.

yes

Hi all,

yes I have a sponsored working visa.

And, yes I am a marketing executive~~~

How much is normal salary range for this? I am in local term. Thank you for help!!

I was employing Marketing Executives (local though) for $17k with 3-4 years experience. 1 year experience is below this salary expectation for sure. Their experience was pretty good in co-ordinating, negotiation and advertising development.

For 1 years experience I would look at $13k to $16k.

I then moved to Product Managers with 6-7 years experience for $25k. For added experience, marketing and advertising strategy development.

Last edited by virago; 02-09-2011 at 03:01 PM.

I think executive is used in lieu of real money

And I'm really quite surprised that ImmD granted an Employment Visa for such a low level marketing position.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, definitely. The whole title thing in HK is f$%d up with skill level given to title is alot different in the west.

Never understood it. Still don't.

I don't know - I've seen plenty of salespeople, normally for US companies who are given the title Vice President. Sounds completely ridiculous.

ya

Yes I also found that job titles are totally different here... It seems that lower level is executive, and then supervisor, manager, director,,, I guess.
    And, for me, it is hard to find local people who can speak foreign language. Maybe this is why IMMD accepted my application despite the lower position? Even fresh graduate can get a working visa...Hope my salary goes up... In fact, being in lower position, ppl should have lower salary... its quite hard to live here... thats why IMMD mostly accept more experienced ones...