Working Visa - Job Change

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

No I didn't. But in fact the gap between ImmD being notified by my old employer that I have been made redundant and them getting the application from me for my new employment was probably only 1-2 weeks, so it may just have been a matter of timing.

But when I saw the redundancy coming I did phone ImmD and the person I spoke to did tell me that I could stay up until the end of my existing visa provided that I was actively looking to stay in HK. This advice was given without him having my specific details in front of him - just my statement that I was in quite a senior position and that it might take me several weeks or even months to find a new role.

Since the question has come up a few times of what sort of things your potential employer needs to write in the letter to Immigration in support of an application for an Employment Visa, here is a slightly santised version of the letter that was used to secure my transfer from one employer to another a year or so ago. The process, forms and the supporting letter would not be significantly different for applying for the first time although you may not need to submit further copies of educational certificates etc when applying simply for a transfer of sponsorship.

This letter actually followed a request for further info from ImmD since we thought we might get away with a token letter when we first applied. Once they had received this clarification the transfer was granted within a week.

I hope this is helpful to someone...

Couldn't stop laughing when I read the last paragraph ^_^

Someone is bored at work!

Oops .. the attachment had some confidential info in it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Peapea:
    I have two questions.
    Firstly, I have a British passport, with working visa for a teaching job in a learning centre. I've now been offered another job, but I had a lot of trouble getting the visa in the first place and I'm wondering how it works if I want to change jobs. Do the new employers have to go through the sponsorship process for me again, or do we just need to inform immigration of the job change? In which case, is it likely there might be a problem with any of that and is there a chance of me getting refused for the job change?

I'm also wondering, if I decided to leave the current job - without joining another job - would I have to leave the country immediately after leaving the job, as the visa would presumably become void? If so, would I be able to re-enter the country on a visitors visa?

Thanks to anyone who can help with any of this!
    hey, my bf is a teacher too, but cant get a work, u hv any advice? much thanks !

job changed

If you leave the job, you can go back to Immigration to apply again for the new sponsorship from the new employer. You have to submit again all the supporting documents that you have submitted before. I think if you have enough supporting documents from your new employer and you as qualified teacher, there is no point of denying your new sponsorship. Better follow the rules. We had this problem before with my husband. And as long as there is an employer who is willing to employ and support you, they wil give you the working visa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2