Hi all

I’m a UK trained accountant in my late 20s and currently mulling over whether to move to HK. Brief profile: Trained with global accounting firm in London (3yrs each in audit and transaction advisory). I currently work as senior financial analysts for oil company (first role in commerce) with responsibilities for FP&A, financial modelling, investment analysis etc. I’m fluent speaker of Cantonese/mandarin although will require work visa.

I have the following questions

1) What sort of roles would I be able to get in HK? Could I get something similar to my current role in HK (doesn’t need to be in O&G industry)? Ultimately I want to become a CFO or commercial director in charge of strategy/development. I’ve seen lots of advisory vacancies in Big 4 suitable for somebody with my experience but I don’t really want to go down the public practice route if I can help it
2) What other roles do you think I can get with my experience/qualification?
3) What sort of salary can I expect? I don’t fancy taking too much of a pay cut to my current salary (£60k plus 30% bonus) cos I have a mortgage in London.

Am I being unrealistic with my expectations? Would love to hear from somebody with similar experiences.

Cheers

Nevets