do u leave work on time?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

sleuth,

yeah, how i wish the whole concept about the clock punching will go away. your idea is good but only happens if managed to employ all mature and responsible employees..

Ridiculous, we speak about leaving on time or not.
    Do the locals ever arrive on time in the office?
    Some Staff come 1 hour or even later to work every day.
    Err, including me ... although I am not a local.

Last edited by Azuremain; 02-08-2007 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reei:
    sleuth,

yeah, how i wish the whole concept about the clock punching will go away. your idea is good but only happens if managed to employ all mature and responsible employees..
    And the boss can't be stuck in the 1980s. For some jobs you have to be in the office every day, for some you have to be in the office but perhaps not every day and for some you never have to be in the office.
    All jobs aren't the same and shouldn't be treated that way just because someone came up with the office concept a few hundred years ago when you really had no choice but to be in the office every day.
    Now ask me how I feel about ties.

shit...
    my contract is 9-6.
    i walk in sometime between 9-9.30, and leave somewhere between 6-11.

but because i have work to do. and i don't get overtime.

however, sometimes people end up staying overnight at the office...

It's common for office workers to stay late in the office & not having OT pay. Working with offices in different countries & requiring to meet the deadlines of the projects always require the workers to work late. The working attitude & mentality in Asian countries & European countries are always different.

Damn, still in the office now. Arrrgh!

Quote Originally Posted by ronsby:
    It's common for office workers to stay late in the office & not having OT pay. Working with offices in different countries & requiring to meet the deadlines of the projects always require the workers to work late. The working attitude & mentality in Asian countries & European countries are always different.
    It's one thing if there is work to be done, another if you're just sitting around killing time because you feel you can't leave until the moon rises.
    There are (more than) enough days where you have to stay late/come early/work weekends, so I don't try to create extra ones just for the brown-nosing aspect of it. Used to, though.