Like Tree5Likes

Office zombies

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Yeah I hate this culture but try having this conversation with someone who believes in the principle of sitting on your arse longer to justify your salary... they'll look at you like you're a lazy twerp.
    Trying to change work practices in HK? Good luck, you have better chance of winning a lottery ticket? You know, despite all the extra work hours, the real productivity I suspect is really not that much higher than in North America or UK (but probably higher than in France or Greece-those lazy bums with only 35 hours of work per week or less, hahaha ).

And they say why you can't find innovative or creative thinking in HK, well rigid mentality and inflexible bosses that's why. Not really news in HK, but employees here aren't seen as humans in the proper sense of the term.

In fairness, things have marginally improved over the last few years, and you have a somewhat less chance of being laid off compare to companies in America or UK, with higher chance of getting new work sooner than in the West.
    dear giant likes this.

Less chance of being laid off... more chance of being 'encouraged' to quit!

I always found it strange that quite a few of my chinese colleagues would come in to the office to eat breakfast. - not snack - but the real thing?

this to maximise the hours?

for sure here the norm is long working hours - some might say it could explain a few things regarding the economy here?

if the day is longer more potential even if its inefficient? open up time zones accessibility - and you forget to factor in the valuation co-efficient of the guys with the cheque books..

the ones who benefit from these long hours.

the boss - and he doesnt care how inefficient you maggots think it is

and you better be ready to be at their beck and call - with frantic chicken pecking decision making maneuvers with all major options and information left until beyond the last possible moment...