Like Tree3Likes

Legal Opportunity

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Did you talk to the ICAC or the police? For white collar stuff I suspect you would get more success with the former.
    1. Yes, I have.
    2. One would think so, wouldn't one?

My take-away here is that you have to build and present the case for them, provide every inconceivable piece of evidence (which they provide reason to dismiss, anyway), airtight, with no unanswered questions or holes - because they do not not look into them. They have proved inadequate at hard-core investigation and make excuses why they are unable to effect results from interrogation, interviews, taking tea or whatever it is that their tactics are.

In my case there is evidence left lying and bleeding all over the place, including signed receipts by staff taking $$$ from HK and paying themselves second salaries in China. I gave investigators a stack of emails from staff clearly constructed with the sole intention to deceive me about what I had instructed and had subsequently transpired. The investigator's response to me was, "He (head staff accountant) lied to you. So what? I lie to my boss all the time." Yes, I can file a complaint, but . . . .

Not familiar with the court process in HK is there any chance to find a lawyer willing to take this on even just supervising juniors on a contingency fee basis? I have no clue if contingent fee agreements here are even permissible.

I do know that keeping the legal court processes to a bare minimum required is essential to both keep personal time and costs down as well as not ending up with the court frustrated with your lack of knowledge.

I am not a lawyer but have acted as counsel for a few years for a consumers association in quasi-judicial evidentiary proceedings before a commission panel where the process including filings et al must be exactly to the rules. Lawyers for the applicant in these rate hearings can and will object and stop anything not within the rules and this frustrates the judges.