Like Tree57Likes

Salary opinions

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20

thanks! as i said, keeping my fingers crossed...

one small step for man....lol!
    justjoe86 likes this.

Ha! That's great actually as an outsider just reading the thread, jj didn't really seem pathetic at all, people just get caught up in things don't they...
    Anyway, keep us posted we want to know how it works out !

Carang,

How is the male teacher working out? Actually, I agree with you that a female teacher is needed and often requested, but you can offer your centre a niche by having a male teacher. Some parents want a male teacher and prefer it (maybe 2 or 3 out of 10). You will lose out on those customers by not having a male teacher, and also you can offer both a male and a female teacher. Those who trust your centre may be willing to change to a male teacher thereby offering more slots in the female teachers classes. I have seen where male teachers can easily pick up 90-100 students at a centre, and others who can get much more.

I think dealing with parents involves a strong Cantonese component and good administration team and honestly I think it is something that westerners will have difficultly to understand exactly how it works. I know centers that go through new staff every 2-4 weeks on average and some of these centers are successful (financially at least) and have been open for several years. It's really a sales job and pleasing parents wishes (however stupid they are, but get rid of the crazy ones), not so much teaching, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    i have tried it. i know what i've experienced. parents sit in the classes with the kids. the parents are EXTREMELY picky/choosy etc. it may be different in a kindergarten setting, where parents are not sitting in the class with the kids and the teachers.

you can say i am wrong all you like.

i know what i have experienced. i, personally, have no issues with hiring men for the job. but there won't be any job if parents don't sign up their kids.

i get 1 shot at convincing parents to sign up... that's at their trial class. if they don't like the teacher, they don't sign up. there is no chance to "win them over", there is no waiting to see a positive result... that only happens AFTER they sign up.

i've been doing this for more than a few years. i know what i've experienced. you telling me i'm wrong doesn't change my experience.

*** please keep in mind, my centres are NOT in the middle of hk island... my centres are in the new territories. i do believe that makes a difference as to what is acceptable to the parents.***

1/2 of the parents love him, 1/2 don't ever want to be in his class and would rather forfeit the class than attend his....

we are quite happy with him, though. he's very professional, reliable and dedicated.

Satay Sue likes this.

Good deal. Glad it is working out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile