Working as a Pharmacist in HK??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Working as a Pharmacist in HK??

My 1st post - I am a qualifed Pharmacist (4+ years retail experience) looking to make a move to HK for the lifestyle and long-term opportunity. What are the job prospects currently for Pharmacists in HK?

I can speak Cantonese, Mandarin fluently. Read/write chinese too etc.

Will it be easy to find a job after passing the registration exams? What is the expected salary these days?

Thank You!

One assumes you don't need a sponsor or working visa for Hong Kong?

I am not a HK resident so yes, I would need a work visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly111:
    I am not a HK resident so yes, I would need a work visa.
    Many locals also speak Cantonese, Mandarin and English are cheaper to hire, so unless you have some special skill(s) they can not provide - you have 2 chances, Buckley's and none.

I am not sure what you mean that locals will be cheaper to hire - there is a set wage I believe irrespective from where you are from. I eventually plan to migrate to HK either on a skilled Visa or investment Visa, so do not expect to enter via a sponsor....

I am enquiring as to employment prospects for pharmacists in HK once locally registered.

What emx means is, bluntly, you won't get a visa as you don't have a special skill that cannot be done by a local.

Investment Visa? If you opened a shop selling milk powder to mainlanders, but again, plenty of locals already doing that cheaper than you could.

So better to come as an English teacher then?

Take the points test and see if you qualify for QMAS.

Pharmacists are in high demand in hk and new recruits from the UK (hk born and studied there) command a high wage.I have heard this can be around 40k month, higher for experience.

As your a HK born and speak the lingo then it won't be a problem.

Last edited by virago; 07-01-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast