Like Tree3Likes

Working visa - option to change

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The IANG arrangements are something else again - people on IANG Visas do NOT need sponsorship from a specific employer. They are quite different from Employment Visas under the General Employment Programme (GEP).

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The IANG arrangements are something else again - people on IANG Visas do NOT need sponsorship from a specific employer. They are quite different from Employment Visas under the General Employment Programme (GEP).
    ooops quite right PDLM, that'll teach me to multi-task to that degree.

for the GEP it would be

Change of Employment

28. Persons who have been admitted under the GEP may apply for change of employment provided that he/she continues to fulfil the eligibility criteria under the GEP and is employed in a job relevant to his/her qualification and expertise.

and as you have noted, they are allowed to remain in Hong Kong during the visa validity.

Thanks!

No I have a regular employment visa. I am an American chiropractor working in HK. But who knows what my company applied for. I just know there were mistakes in my initial application and it was a big headache. Took 3.5 months to finally get it approved. I was the 1st doc in my company who is not local and needed a visa so it was their first attempt. Hopefully I'm not admitted as an imported worker because I just applied for a dependent visa for my husband and it says imported workers cannot bring their dependents.