Moving to HK so need a job

Closed Thread

Moving to HK so need a job

I am a 53 year old with a Hong Kong wife. We have been married almost 5 years. Due to numerous reasons I have been living in UK and she has been in Kennedy Town. No I have left my UK job and so want to move to HK and get a job. Cathay may go broke now, so do not buy shares in them.

I am an office (Access/Excel) programmer and have been working for a large international insurance/investments company. But what I have been doing for them is not the sort of thing that gets advertised on Jobserve.

My hope is that being in HK will make it easier to find and apply for jobs that suit my skills.

So if anyone has any openings in their company, let me know.

If you want to move to HK asap then I would suggest that you might want to bite the bullet and do some TEFL ...in which case do the 4-week course at International House and then pick up some teaching in HK where you might be able to throw in some IT classes as well. You then have a base to look around.

"in which case do the 4-week course at International House"

Walkup, can you specify where International House is? There seemed to be quite a few when I Googled it.

Thanks

start from here:
    international house