Looking for an English speaking job!

Closed Thread

Looking for an English speaking job!

I just moved to HK a few months ago. And I am currently looking for a job, perferrably business related (PR/event management/marketing/finance), but it has been hard trying to find a job without knowing how to speak Cantonese. I speak English and Mandarin fluently.

Does anyone have any pointers or know of some places that I can look for an English speaking job or at an foreign firm?

Thanks!

http://www.geoexpat.com/Everything-E...lance-writers/

Is that something you're looking for?

hey thank you! but i am not a writer

Hi all..... I am also illiterate in chinese... currently an english teacher but would love to find a job in the corporate sector. Is there an expat recruitement agency anyone has heard of for illiterate english natives???
    Any direction would be appreciated.............

Hi

I appreciate this is an old post but I am in a similar situation as well. I can not speak chinese and I would like to get work in the corporate sector/paralegal work in Hong Kong.

Legal recruitment agencies have told me that all their jobs require Chinese language skills (on top of solid previous paralegal experience). I have also hit a brick wall when looking for general corporate jobs.

I think that most English Speakers get jobs over here from transfers from London and New York etc.

Please correct me if I am wrong and If anyone has been in this situation before your advise would be invaluable.

Thanks

Last edited by Jon O' Groats; 20-08-2009 at 11:39 AM.

I know lawyers working here who don't speak a word of Chinese. However I think they all work for large international firms.

Your best bet is probably to try and get a role with a firm like that in London or wherever you're from, then transfer.