Like Tree1Likes

Job for new graduate

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DTB do you know what an International Graduate at M&S ends up doing? Is it office based work or a mixture of store based & office work? I can't find that much information on the website, but it's 2:30AM so I am probably just missing it.

Quote Originally Posted by garycyk:
    for admin or clerical job which dont need special skills and technique all company will prefer local people.
    Are you kidding? I'd take anyone for these jobs trained overseas and speaking English if they had ID..... we have even had some come with visa's but I do agree, it is hard to get visas approved for admin.

("prefer" is a problem - I'd prefer an overseas person, just hard to get a visa!)

Quote Originally Posted by HKHK154:
    DTB do you know what an International Graduate at M&S ends up doing? Is it office based work or a mixture of store based & office work? I can't find that much information on the website, but it's 2:30AM so I am probably just missing it.
    Mostly store related task and your career path is on the commercial side.

I find there are 2 types of jobs in HK, one for the locals and one for expats. They can be the role, but expectations and wages differ. The key to finding the ones for expats is network, network and more network. Without networking, and lacking experience its very difficult to get into one of these expat roles, and employers will treat you as a local and pay you as a local.

The odds are stacked against you on experience and industry. If you really decide to come, might wanna be flexible with the industry and salary. If you have the personality and with a little luck, it can be done.