Authorization Form - Job Application

Closed Thread

Authorization Form - Job Application

Hi Everyone!

I have got a quick question to ask. A friend of mine is having an Interview with a Recruitment Agency tomorrow. The Recruitment Consultant email him with the appointment details along with two forms that he needed to fill in/sign. First form is very basic - fill in your work experiences, educational background, job references etc. Second one is an Authorization form which allows them to obtain an investigative report about his previous employment history, educational background, criminal history, credit history, mode of living, character and personal reputation. Is this common? After reading through the second form he felt a little bit suspicious about the whole thing.

Furthermore, why would a credit check be conducted? I don't think that has anything to do with applying for a job. To be honest, it is the first I have heard of any companies/agencies requiring this. Any feedback/comment on this would be appreciated.

What's the post?

Common for banking roles in the UK. I've had CRB/credit checks done before.

Quote Originally Posted by mid_gen:
    Common for banking roles in the UK. I've had CRB/credit checks done before.
    Nothing to do with Banking. Don't really know who's the company that is hiring as he was contacted by the Recruitment Agency.

recruitment agencies are responsible for who then send to companies for all kinds of jobs. I would welcome them making sure those candidates are honest and don't have any kind of other baggage t(debts) they may bring to the role. I guess plenty of other employers feel the same if this kind of thing is being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by avengedsevenfold:
    Nothing to do with Banking. Don't really know who's the company that is hiring as he was contacted by the Recruitment Agency.
    Couldn't comment without knowing the job mate...

Thanks for everyone's comments.