OMG i wanna cry :'(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by links
    I hope i didnt spell thei rname wrongly coz i always only read their chinese name.
    It was not the spelling. PDLM (or DLPM to give him his name as spelt by redwriter) was referring to the meaning of the word in the UK.
    Last edited by hullexile; 26-11-2007 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling

oh...i get ya.....well, i guess their harvard or MIT grad managers may want to do something on it later.....haha

Im having a similar experience to the OP except im a business administration graduate and my cantonese is non-existant. I just wanna make some pocket money HK help me out !

wow thanks for all the kind words everyone! i am having more luck in the past week and getting more and more interviews within the field in both property development, property management and also property trading/leasing/renting and didn't have the time to come back up and for that i apologize. yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh november/december isn't the hottest month to find jobs i mean yes there has got to be job losses throughout the entire year but for fresh graduates it is certainly a nono. thanks all and special thanks goes to alby

dominic

dominic,

It's good to hear that your situation is starting to look up.

My advice would be to keep chugging along sending out resumes, and taking every opportunity possible to get your name out there to perspective firms.

I was in the same rut as you not more then 3 weeks ago. Fresh college graduate out of UCSB (University of California Santa Barbara) looking for a entry level position in finance (I-Bank/H-Fund/PE). I had been searching for over 4 months with little/no luck (Lots of interviews but no offers, often competing for the same positions as post MBA applicants with 2+ years of experience).

I was literally a day or two away from throwing in the towel when I received 3 offers from different firms across the globe in three consecutive days. (I went with the one in Hong Kong!) Perseverance really does pay off, just keep your head in the game and your time will come!

Best of luck!

have you checked the government web site?
    your profession probably have a better chance being a teacher or work for the government...

http://hkucsb.hku.hk:8080/advertsys/allvacancyE.html

hey guys what's up, i finally got a job and started a few days ago!

a property consultancy firm specializing in real estate and property investment hired me a couple weeks ago and i must say i like this job very much

just wanted to drop by and say HI and thanks for all your concerns and help previously and the employment window is currently open until mid february so if any of you are looking for a job you gotta act fast becuase i started to receive more and more 2nd interviews since late december.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3