OMG i wanna cry :'(

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OMG i wanna cry :'(

dear all,

i am in desperate need of a job! sigh...never expected it would be this difficult for a fresh graduate to get a job :'( can anybody spare a few pointers? i studied and Majored in both Physical and Urban Geography, Minored in History, and 2nd Minored in East Asian studies @ the University of Toronto St.George

Of course..i am intereted in property development and real estate, but i'm cool with various projects with constructions, and stuff like that too. i have sent a billion resumes to varius property developers in HK but only a few of them have response with these really weird posts like requiring me to go to the middle of nowhere for a couple years :S

anybody can spare me a few pointers or directions? honestly i'm not even in it for the money anymore i just want a job lol...

many thanks and really appreciate your input.

regards,

dominic

Can we assume that you have the right to work in HK (i.e. don't need an employment visa) and are fluent in Cantonese? (what about Mandarin?)

yeah i am HK permanet *** resident. i am fluent in cantonese, mandarin and english. but my chinese writing is a bit rusty but i can type most of them. thanks..siggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

Eaa

To start with you could get your EAA license and work as an estate agent agencies are always hiring. Good Luck

There is not a whole lot of jobs in that area for the moment in HK; especially more difficult for fresh grads. However, Macau's property development industry is booming. That's your best bet.

i'm kinda looking for more of a desk job than a real estate agent that runs around all day. thanks though..anymore input? just like what i say in all my previous interviews: i may be a fresh grad but i'm willing to learn and adapt and i can pick up fast lol. travelling and working abroad is also OK for me as long as its along asian pacific region :S

are there any employers or anybody in this field on this forum? i'm new here...thxxxxxxxx...T_T

Majored in both Physical and Urban Geography, Minored in History, and 2nd Minored in East Asian studies
    Soft / Party degrees without much value in most markets.

Best to look on JobsDB, monster.com for generalist trainee / junior / entry level jobs.

Don't get your hopes up high on a job that will send to exotic lands on first class tickets, unless you're applying to CX (but I do think even they are picky enough these days that they'll ask for a hospitality related degree)

Sounds like you just need to take a job. Doesn't matter if it not exactly what you want to do, but as long as it is the same general area.
    You say that you are willing to learn and adapt and can pick up fast and willing to travel travelling and working abroad - well, that is what every other graduate out there says, no matter how special you think you are. You have to start somewhere, no matter what university qualifications you have.
    If you get a job somewhere, at least it is a start. You can still send out resumes for other jobs. Having work experience on your resume is important, no matter what it is exactly.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by freshyip
    ...but only a few of them have response with these really weird posts like requiring me to go to the middle of nowhere for a couple years :S
    Why not taking up the challenge? You will be worth a lot more when you come back from the middle of nowhere after 2 years or so.

out of curiosity what does one study in 'urban and physical geography' .....and why??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast