Like Tree64Likes

Are there any flight attendants here?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Much of what packy_crusher writes on immigration matters is wrong, which is unfortunate for the perceived quality of these forums overall.
    What do you know about anything dumb a$$? I have two post graduate law degrees from a local university and a U.S. Law degree, and was a former judicial law clerk at the immigration court. Perhaps you don't know what you think you do know.

Cathy does not hire foreign flight attendants anymore. If you do not believe me, go ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyaki:
    3 star does not mean eligible for home permit!
    My apologies - in my rush to write before going out I got the terminology slightly wrong - I meant HK Re-entry permit, as emx's link shows.

I'd be a bit careful about slinging insults about, Packy, since your original post was not exactly pleasant (I see it's now been edited) where you appeared to know someone's sexual orientation by their occupation.

Last edited by Satay Sue; 14-08-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    What do you know about anything dumb a$$? I have two post graduate law degrees from a local university and a U.S. Law degree, and was a former judicial law clerk at the immigration court. Perhaps you don't know what you think you do know.
    Frankly I have better things to do with my time than go through all your postings pointing out the many errors for you. I leave other readers to judge whose postings are more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by lijianhua:
    He has a HKID (non-3 stars); his family are from HK, but he was born overseas.
    3 star allows you to live, work, travel in and out whenever you want; only thing you can't do is vote, not elligible for benefits, and can't apply for a "return home permit" card which allows you to work, live and travel in PRC visa-free.
    I'm currently the same status as him; have to wait 7 years until we can apply for permanent resident.
    You are incorrect. A one star permanent resident can live indefinitely in Hong Kong and vote. Such a person is also entitled to all benefits available if the I.D. is permanent. Nonetheless, I do not believe a home return permit allows you to work in China freely. Somebody who knows can chime in, but it was my understanding that it allows you visa free access only. You still need a work permit, as you do not have a mainland ID card.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I think the OP needs to up his "lingualism". Multiple languages seems to be de rigueur these days for flight attendants.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    You are incorrect. A one star permanent resident can live indefinitely in Hong Kong and vote.
    From the Gov.hk website (assuming the Government is more knowledgeable than a Geoexpater on the matter):

Symbol ..Description
    ...* ....... The holder is aged between 11 and 17 and is eligible for a HKSAR Re-entry Permit
    Those aged 11 to 17 cannot vote.

GovHK: The Smart Identity Card
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 14-08-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    From the Gov.hk website (assuming the Government is more knowledgeable than a Geoexpater on the matter):

Those aged 11 to 17 cannot vote.

GovHK: The Smart Identity Card
    What do you know? I got my boy scouts immigration rules badge.
    Fiona in HKG, nobby15 and elle like this.

Oh wow and with all this you make offensive and biased sexual comments one one's job?

(not to mention the very borderline racist comment on another thread related to a journalist at Time magazine).

I would expect a lot more from an educated person ...
    elliee, Fiona in HKG and elle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    And you still won't have 3 stars! Why do so many people (generally of Chinese descent) think that *** means "Permanent Resident"? It doesn't! What *** means is "Eligible for a Home Return Permit", and what that essentially means is "Chinese Citizen".

The type of HKID card you currently have apparently gives you Right To Land (the code on the front is "RO". All that will change after 7 years if you apply for PR is that the code will change to "AO", the line at the top will say "Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card" and the back will say "Holder has the right of abode in Hong Kong". You won't get "***".
    Sorry, but your wrong on that. A few of my cousins has already got the *** after they stayed in Hong Kong for more than 7 years. They had the same card as I do now, and applied for a Permanent ID card; which was upgraded to 3 star status.

The law has changed since 1997/8 I believe.
    My parents took me to Hong Kong (early 90's) when I was a child and I got a HKID;
    I went back to HK in 1998 to renew it for a new card, which was granted. The immigration department in Wan Chai told my parents if they took me to HK in 1999, I could have got the Permanent HKID card with 3-star status, but I never went back, and lost the right. It was over 10 years later that I came back here, so I have to wait the 7 year period before applying for 3 stars.

You are incorrect. A one star permanent resident can live indefinitely in Hong Kong and vote. Such a person is also entitled to all benefits available if the I.D. is permanent.
    No idea what you are talking about; as I already said I don't have any stars on my card.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast