Jobs at IBs

Closed Thread

Jobs at IBs

Hi,
    Wonder if anyone can help shed a light as to the hiring process at the large I-Bs. I have a diverse banking background ( 8 years). Worked in Canadian investment management, brokerage houses and credit risk modelling. Am interested in a position with foreign banks.
    Applying to I-Bs is one to go about it but heard that they are very particular about where you graduate from and they don't really hire much from Canadian universities. Have an MBA from Schulich School of Business. Graduated with distinction.

Also, would appreciate some tips to get my resume tailored to these companies. Thanks!

If you're already out of school, without some kind of educational or employment pedigree, and not currently in the field, expect it to be tough getting recruited for the more competitive IB/Research/Trading positions at large investment banks. It will take a lot of persistence and networking. Get to know people working at the banks who can keep an eye on internal postings and refer you. Mandarin fluency will help a lot. There's at least one Canadian MD where I work and lots of Australians, so it isn't all about being from a top US college. I know quite a few Canadian graduates working at places like BNP , SG.

Last edited by c1000; 29-12-2007 at 01:24 AM.