Questions on MPF

Closed Thread

Questions on MPF

Is this is right forum , where I can post questions on MPF?

Thanks.

It might be, why dont you post your question and find out =)

Just post your question about MPF here, someone will eventually respond with their opinion, suggestions or relevant answers.

MPF FAQ

Hello,

My friend is preparing a detailed document on MPF procedures, which will eventually answers everything about MPF till date.

1. MPF applies after 60 days in a job, for both small hourly temp jobs as well as permanent positions ?

2. How about in case of expats, going to be working in HK with work Visa, for a period of 1 - 2 years, or just 6 months. Does MPF applies for them too?

3. Being a HK resident if I am working on temp contract job hourly basis , with duration 70 days. How does MPF apply? would it be for those 10 days ?

4. After I complete the first job successfully, If once again I am going to work for the same employer after a weeks break, same month. Would MPF applies or after 60 days again?

5. Read somewhere about MPF applies after 18 years. Is there any rules associated with that?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cherry_joe:
    Hello,

My friend is preparing a detailed document on MPF procedures, which will eventually answers everything about MPF till date.

1. MPF applies after 60 days in a job, for both small hourly temp jobs as well as permanent positions ?

2. How about in case of expats, going to be working in HK with work Visa, for a period of 1 - 2 years, or just 6 months. Does MPF applies for them too?

3. Being a HK resident if I am working on temp contract job hourly basis , with duration 70 days. How does MPF apply? would it be for those 10 days ?

4. After I complete the first job successfully, If once again I am going to work for the same employer after a weeks break, same month. Would MPF applies or after 60 days again?

5. Read somewhere about MPF applies after 18 years. Is there any rules associated with that?

Thank you.
    I can answer question 2 for you. Expats on working visas can chose to be exempt from MPF for the first 12 months however if their employer is willing to contribute from day 1 then they would be silly not too also.

Questions on MPF

Thanks Trebor, for answering that.

MPF applies from the very first day of employment (unless exempted). The 60 day period is the time limit for an employer to get a permanent employee enrolled.
    It applies to both casual and permanent positions. The employee does enjoy a contribution holiday before starting to contribute.

Firstly, expats who are enrolled into an eligible retirement plan outside HK are exempt.
    Those with an employment visa for less than 13 months, are also exempt, until the visa is extended to a cumulative period of more than 13 months.

If you are under an employment contract for 60 or more days , you need to be enrolled. It would be for the entire period and not just for the 10 days.

It depends on whether the employment contract ended and the new tenure will be considered a new contract. Practically the employer will terminate you only at the end of the month or early next month when they submit the MPF remittance statement. So if you rejoin its just convenient for all parties to continue as an existing employee.

But if it is to be considered a new contract then you can be terminated from the MPF scheme and then re enrolled within 60 days of rejoining.

Yes MPF is applicable only to people between the age of 18 and 65.

As Drumbrake said at least a few of your questions would surely be answered if you bothered to look..

Last edited by PSMaverick; 20-09-2012 at 09:01 PM.

MPF is required when you work longer than 18 hours per week if you ar paid hourly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile