Need Job Advise

Closed Thread

Need Job Advise

Hi All,

My wife's currently working as EA to the Director in JPMorgan in Mumbai. She wants to come to HK and work, but guess there aren't many requiremnts for an EA here as per the couple of consultants we spoke with. Now, she thinks if she does some business mgmt course/diploma/degree then she'd have a better chance of finding a job here in HK. Could you sugges what course she should do? (She's interested in HR mainly).
    Also, could someone tell me if there are jobs for an EA here in HK if she doesn't do any course. She's done a BA.

Thanks in advance.

Laterzzz

G

A likely problem is that an EA in Hong Kong is really going to need Cantonese. If she hasn't got that then she has a problem, and probably needs to be looking at other types of job or building up her qualifications. Assuming she has (or could have) a Dependant Visa then that will help since she won't need sponsorship. You see vacancies for customer service type roles requiring English and Indian languages from time to time as well if that would be of interest.

Hi PDLM,

Thanks for your reply. I agree that she'd need some more qualification, if she wants to work in HR industry. My question is if she has a dimploma/degree in HR from India then would it be acceptable here? Or should she go for International Mgmt kind of course?
    Yes, she can have a dependant visa as I have work permit here.

Laterzzz

G

g&r .. lots of Indian dependents on the recruitment side of the business. (No qualifications required... seriously its one of those, if you can, find work, if you cannot become a recruitment consultant for a second tier firm).

At the end of the day, if you have a visa (dependant or other) which allows you to work.. plenty of job ops available which don't need Canto.

Hi KIA!

Thanks for the info! But the problem is where do we search for jobs like that for her? Also, what kind of salary she can expect?

Laterzzz

G

Not much in recruiting unless you can bring in a shed-load of contacts. The commission proportion is high.

PDLM - Not as recruiters. Fair number of people employed doing checks .. cold calling ... research .. initial interviews.

Hi PDLM/KIA,

No, she obviously cant bring any contacts, as she's from Mumbai. But as you said KIA, what kind of salary would she can expect in the job?
    Also, could you alos advise if she should go for some 6-12 months diploma in mgmt before she starts hunting for a job?

Thanks & regards,

Gnyanesh