Falling flat on my face

Closed Thread

Falling flat on my face

Dear all,

I have beenhere for just over 6 weeks and I am trying to find work in the OccupationalHealth and Safety field.

I seem to befalling somewhat flat on my face as far as even getting my foot in the door foran interview. Now I realise that this is not everyone’s field of expertise butcan you offer any help as to the best way to find a job or which requirementagencies would be best placed to offer this kind of work.

I am alsoconsidering taking either the TEFL CELTA or Cert TESOLnow before you get your flame throwers out if I went down the teaching routethis would involve full commitment and not just be a stopgap until I find aH&S job

Do you speak Cantonese? Read & write Chinese?

Do you have any knowledge or qualifications in H&S regulations in Hong Kong?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There's one on jobsdb. Guess it/the OP is not suitable.

I do QHSE and might be able to help you out as I might need a replacement or additional staff to join the team so send me your resume, PM me your email address and I will send you more details of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Do you speak Cantonese? Read & write Chinese?

Do you have any knowledge or qualifications in H&S regulations in Hong Kong?
    No to canto. The regulations are based on the English system of which I have plenty of knowledge. It seems that the NEBOSH is the internationally recognised qualifications but as I was a local government inspector in the UK I did not get this qualification as my degree was enough. Saying that in HK they will not accept that this degree is in H&S as it does not say that in the title.

Ah seems I have already been in contact with you before. Good luck with your job hunt.