Like Tree4Likes

tips for tutor job?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I don't see any job posting there. But thanks, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Have a look at this one
    http://www.newconceptmandarin.com/

you can also post on geobaby.com - there are often people on there looking for mandarin tutors for their kids

The Gutter.... I've moved up in the world

What do you mean people like you? Those that can't fill in forms or those that have no education?

Quote Originally Posted by ellenyang:
    I saw many websites for mandarin tutoring, and they often require filling forms that include HK high school and college education background, which I don't have. Any website that is for people like me? Thanks!
    Any suggestion where to look for mandarin teaching job, besides the internet ad? Thank you.
    You could always network

I still speaks Mandarin a lot at home, because my husband is from mainland China, too. I was born and grew up in Beijing, so I speak standard mandarin with a Beijing accent. Thanks!
    That's the cream of accents...

The Gutter.... I've moved up in the world
    I'm a native mandarin speaker and stayed in the US for many years. Moved to HK last year, holding a dependent visa. I have a Putonghua proficency test certificate. Am looking for a mandarin / English teaching job. I tried several job applications without success and don't know why. Any tips? Thanks very much in advance.
    You could try kindergartens, they're gagging for bilingual speakers and you don't need qualifications...