Like Tree11Likes

Job offer in HK salary seems low. Advice please

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

But i don't have any local family support. 12k will be increased in future ahead since the company told that its the probationary period of 2 months. After that which will be from Jan-2013 onward they will extend the salary may be up to 15k.

So what are the other options!

Thanks.

yeah, i think it would be very, very, very unlikely that they will allow not only one, but two dependents on a salary of $12k. to be honest, i think it would be impossible, especially if there is no other family here to help cover your costs.

ps> i pay my assistant $10k for 4 days work, finished by 4pm.... she has no degree whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    yeah, i think it would be very, very, very unlikely that they will allow not only one, but two dependents on a salary of $12k. to be honest, i think it would be impossible, especially if there is no other family here to help cover your costs.

ps> i pay my assistant $10k for 4 days work, finished by 4pm.... she has no degree whatsoever.
    @carang, what is the salary requirement than enabling me to call them, please advise?

to get a normal work visa, the often quoted amount is $20,000.... but that is for a single.
    there are no hard and fast rules as to what is required. they want to ensure that you and your family will not be a drain on the social welfare system... and with a salary of $12,000 for a family of 3, i really cannot see how you could make ends meet while living in private housing.

I hate to say it, but I think you should take your MBA and go back to your home country, try to gain some experience in a relatively better paid role. Then maybe apply for jobs in HK when you have experience and your MBA might make a difference to your earning potential.

carang likes this.

I agree. We paid our first new grad 15k starting, rising quite fast from there. Living in HK on 12k for a single in private housing is hard; three of you would be really tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    I hate to say it, but I think you should take your MBA and go back to your home country, try to gain some experience in a relatively better paid role. Then maybe apply for jobs in HK when you have experience and your MBA might make a difference to your earning potential.
    @Beanieskis, BTW, i already have 8 years experience in IT and administration... and not only that this is not my first master i already have from my home country...

Now the reason is less salary is somewhat language barrier or still i couldn't be able to approach to any overseas company....

Under the above circumstances, would you please give me your opinion that what is the best way to apply for any job which fulfill such requirements to call upon my family.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    to get a normal work visa, the often quoted amount is $20,000.... but that is for a single.
    there are no hard and fast rules as to what is required. they want to ensure that you and your family will not be a drain on the social welfare system... and with a salary of $12,000 for a family of 3, i really cannot see how you could make ends meet while living in private housing.
    Thanks @carang.. so with 12k is not enough! but if it would be 20k than i will right? So, all i have to do is to seek any other employer who will offer me such package; enabling me to applying for my dependents with more chances of success!

Well let see what will be the destiny may lead to .... i am optimistic!!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I agree. We paid our first new grad 15k starting, rising quite fast from there. Living in HK on 12k for a single in private housing is hard; three of you would be really tough.
    I will try my best to search some cheapest living.... and with the passage of time the salary will also extend year by year on....also search some part-time with... what do you say?

Even with 20k, how about housing?