Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By joshogosh
  • 1 Post By joshogosh

ASk - fx sales associate ... wats the current rate sallary?

Closed Thread

ASk - fx sales associate ... wats the current rate sallary?

Hi,

Im currently work in the derivative market for almost 7 years. i just got an offer a job and needs to relocate to hk as stated below.
    Just have a few questions:
    1. whats is the current rate for someone like me should get in salary ?
    2. which area is cheap but modest near tai tung building ?
    3. since its stated not gonna pay my relocation and moving expenses. what should i ask in the package?

thnks

Foreign Exchange (FX) Sales Associate
    Please note, this position is located in Hong Kong. Candidates are will not be compensated for relocation expenses including flight and moving costs. All relevant paperwork will be filed and paid for by the company including working Visas.
    We are seeking a self-motivated and sales oriented individual who is looking to establish their career in financial services, FX and commodities trading, or sales. As part of our expansion into Indonesia, we are seeking Indonesian speaking associates.
    Foreign Exchange (FX) Sales Associate- Relocation to Hong Kong

Responsibilities
    Establish and maintain a retail client base of FX and commodities traders throughout Asia with a focus in Indonesia.
    Provide excellent customer service with investment analysis and commentary.
    Work with the Company’s global sales and support team to obtain new customers.
    Handle client enquiries through phone, email, and live chat ranging from market analysis to the Company’s trading platform and services.

hi vkusman,

1. you should check out the salary surveys produced by various recruitment companies... and then deduct about 10-20% off their estimates.
    2. I presume you refer to Tai Tung building in Wan Chai. It really depends on what you mean by cheap/modest... standards in HK may differ with where you are from. WC can be relatively expensive. You may choose to explore locations a little more to the East e.g. Tai Hang, Tin Hau, Tai Koo, Fortress Hill which generally have cheaper accomodation but in nice locations
    3. are they providing temporary accommodation? accommodation is practically the most expensive component here. They should reasonably provide either of the two, if not both. The trend with most companies is that they are moving away from them, but with your level of experience (and assuming they really need your skills) they should try to shoulder some of your set-up costs.
    You may also like to ask for some sign-on cash

Hope this helps

imshah likes this.

Thnks Joshogosh for the reply. Regarding the accomodation i have ask one of my friend that is currently also live in hk because relocation. she said the same thing. i wont mine a commute 15-30 mins from my workplace. the important is cheap and in a nice locations not sort of called bronx area.

you no 3 question about the company give a temp condition still unsure. since in the job ad it self it stated they wont provided any moving cost.
    well my plan is to impress them in the in person interview soon will be held in 26 th nov. if i can make them feels that my skill is really needed. then i have leverage against them to ask more in the offer.

do you think if they offer me 45k hkd per month should be suitable for me ? or that is less for a guy have an experience like me ?

what do you think ?

thnks

Hi vkusman, it's hard for me to say what the standard pay levels for your field is. Have you tried the salary surveys of the various recruitment firms?

I'm not sure what your lifestyle is but it is good to work some calculations on your expected expenditure in HK and how much you are left with. Tax is capped off at 15%, but will be around 11%-13% for a $45k pm salary. e.g. salary = 45, rent = 20, tax = ~5, eating out = 3, groceries = ~1, miscellaneous (e.g. travel) = ~5
    thereby leaving you with just over $10k pm.
    How does this compare with what you are currently getting, and will you be able to save up enough to return home with?

Quote Originally Posted by joshogosh:
    Hi vkusman, it's hard for me to say what the standard pay levels for your field is. Have you tried the salary surveys of the various recruitment firms?

I'm not sure what your lifestyle is but it is good to work some calculations on your expected expenditure in HK and how much you are left with. Tax is capped off at 15%, but will be around 11%-13% for a $45k pm salary. e.g. salary = 45, rent = 20, tax = ~5, eating out = 3, groceries = ~1, miscellaneous (e.g. travel) = ~5
    thereby leaving you with just over $10k pm.
    How does this compare with what you are currently getting, and will you be able to save up enough to return home with?
    joshogosh, would you mind, send me PM your contact detail, thanks in advance.

BR

/imshah

vkusman, would you mind, send me PM your contact detail, thanks in advance.

BR

/imshah

Hi imshah - to be honest, I am uncomfortable sending you my private contact details without first knowing your reasons for contacting me. It is more customary that you PM us with your question/issue, rather than the other way around. Cheers

MovingIn07 likes this.