Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Claire ex-ax

Im going to be an exchange student in january and i would like to work part time

Closed Thread

Im going to be an exchange student in january and i would like to work part time

As an echange student only for one semester, I would like to know how difficult is to get a part time job in hk? I think i need a visa, but do i really need it?

There are very limited opportunities for a person on a student visa to work legally in HK. You cannot simultaneously have a work visa and student visa. The HK Immigration web site has details of the jobs you are permitted to take up. You cannot work illegally, nobody will hire you and your risk deportation, fines or jail.

Impossible to find a part time job outside...even if you are given the clearence from immigration to take part time, thats confined to on campus jobs for few hrs only.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks Mobile

ä½ è­˜å””è­˜è¬›å»£æ±è© å‘€..........

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    ä½ è­˜å””è­˜è¬›å»£æ±è© å‘€..........
    what does knowing how to speak the local lingo have to do with getting a p/t job on campus as allowed under immigration regulations? you don't need to speak Cantonese to sit at a counter and check out books or whatever.

if OP was permitted to work p/t off campus there are plenty of jobs in the service industry that don't require Cantonese if you have a visa that permits you to take them...

OPs problem is more the visa and less the not speaking Canto.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by elliee:
    OPs problem is more the visa and less the not speaking Canto.
    Yes the visa is a problem, but in his other posts he's planning to be too hungover or too knackered from being laid to work part-time, that is if he hopes to do any studying too.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.