HOw to find a summer intern in HK? Wanna make more friends

Closed Thread

HOw to find a summer intern in HK? Wanna make more friends

Hello
    I want to have a summer intern in HK. Do you guys know where to find opportunity? any website or...just apply some Amercian company branch in HongKong? I need your advice. Thank you!

Also I would love to make more friends here.

Internship or Intern? Do you want to work in Hong Kong or are you looking for someone who you can train and will work for you for cheap?

Sorry. I am seeking for internship...)

It is way too late to find a summer internship at an American MNC. Applications are due at the end of the summer or early fall, with candidates being selected a few weeks later. A few years ago companies would occasionally look for replacements if interns decided not to show up at the last minute, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this kind of opportunity. You should probably target smaller companies that don't have formal intern programs with early deadlines. Also, use your career services center at school to try and identify suitable opportunities for this summer or next.

I agree. Right now the options are careers office and personal connections.

Or you could try our Jobs section / JobsDB etc for last minute jobs - which might not do much for your resume but will get some $s in.

What type of skills are you interested in developing?

I know a company that is interested in hiring an intern but they are interested in training people.

I'd be interested in an internship - i'm a Multimedia graduate (BA) from the UK, i'm good with production and media. Also have a background in customer services/sales.
    Also have a TEFL certificate - which probably means little in terms of finding an internship, but i got it as as for an extra avenue to pursue in my quest for work in Hong Kong