Calling all the inbetween jobs crew

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yes it can be open to anybody.

I am available tomorrow afternoon if anybody wants to meet up, Either morning before the lunchtime rush or after lunchtime, Otherwise we'll have no chance of getting a seat at pacific coffee etc.

Let me know asap who wants in etc then we can sort something out.

As I have had no contact I won't be organising anything tomorrow so it'll have to be when I'm back in HK in a few weeks time.

Congrats on the job. How long did it take?

In total not too long from initial interview to a formal offer, 3 days really so this is very quick going for HK.

I was actually at another interview when I recieved the call from the hiring manager with a formal offer.

Been seeing your name pop up quite a few times in these forums.

Would like to have a good chat with you Jimbo! where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    In total not too long from initial interview to a formal offer, 3 days really so this is very quick going for HK.

I was actually at another interview when I recieved the call from the hiring manager with a formal offer.

only 1 interview? i thought usually it would take at least 2 interviews before official offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Singapuramale85:
    Been seeing your name pop up quite a few times in these forums.

Would like to have a good chat with you Jimbo! where are you from?
    U.K, I'm in HK till monday night then back on the 5th.

bargnonions

Had a chat with the HR director then a senior colleague in the same morning, Then shortly after had a phone conversation with my future manager then she offered me the role there and then over the phone, A week later I came into the office to sign contracts.

All very painless compared to some interviews I've had in HK, A couple of years ago I had a 5 stage interview with a financial company, I was a wreck afterwards! haha

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    U.K, I'm in HK till monday night then back on the 5th.

bargnonions

Had a chat with the HR director then a senior colleague in the same morning, Then shortly after had a phone conversation with my future manager then she offered me the role there and then over the phone, A week later I came into the office to sign contracts.

All very painless compared to some interviews I've had in HK, A couple of years ago I had a 5 stage interview with a financial company, I was a wreck afterwards! haha

Wow, that sounds. It's good, rather use more time to go back to same place and meet more people. I guess you performed well that they didn't want to risk losing you to another offer?

Quote Originally Posted by bargnonions:
    Wow, that sounds. It's good, rather use more time to go back to same place and meet more people. I guess you performed well that they didn't want to risk losing you to another offer?
    kindof, they knew I was speaking to other people at the same time so they knew they had to be quick in case I accepted another offer.

hey, if you guys haven't met up yet, i'd love to join as well. just recently moved here from new york and been having a rough time finding jobs out here. looking mainly in finance which obviously has gotten quite a bit harder to find jobs in recently. love to pick the brains of those who's gone through this process recently. thanks