What month is the best time to apply for jobs? (or has the most job postings?)

Closed Thread

What month is the best time to apply for jobs? (or has the most job postings?)

Hey guys,

I'm planning to move to HK in november 2013, but I heard that there isn't much job postings during that time since many individuals would prefer to wait till the new year to get their bonus cheques before quitting. Is this true?

If so, what month(s) are the best time to apply for jobs and has the most job openings? I work in the field of Finance/Marketing in CPG/Retail organizations. Would appreciate your feedback and advice! Thanks!

that's true... most "bonuses" or "13th months" are paid around CNY. many people do hang on in their jobs until they get those. have no idea about your field though, sorry.

Not sure about your field, but I find April through til July is pretty good. Thats a few months after CNY, and before uni graduation.

Why not email a recruitment consultant, like Robert Walters, and see if they'll tell you for your field?

Right now. After Chinese new year.

Sent from my HTC One V using GeoClicks Mobile

Depends on your years of working experience. Most graduates look for a job from Jun. Most experienced will look for a job after issuing bonus either end of year or after CNY (after collecting red pockets). In general Mar to May is the best time.

Usually this quarter should be the best season for job search in hk..i.e. Mar to Jun...
    nevertheless, comparing with last two years, this year is too quiet.
    I am local hk working in MNC but in different field. I also work hard on job search since hk office will be closed.…
    you better send ur cv to hk headhunters first

Finance and marketing are pretty different job functions? Out of interest, what's your background?

That's true. Mine is product marketing background. But my friends have been worked in Finance (bank), the market is still quiet.. they are also waiting for the chance for job change.

I have been scouting JobsDB for a bit. It would seem like March and April have a lot of job offers. Like many of the posters had said, most would wait till after their bonus before leaving.