Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By usehername

what is appropriate to put on a CV if a visa is pending?

Closed Thread

what is appropriate to put on a CV if a visa is pending?

So first of all, congrats are in order as my Fiancee and I have decided to tie the knot. Considering our situation, we decided this is the best for our future in Hong Kong....So, with that in mind, this will mean I will get work status soon. Yay!!!!

I'm thinking going to Adjust my CV and I want to notate that I *will* be able to work legally...soon, and start the job searches again.

So with that in mind, how is the best way to write that in the CV, but still sound professional?

"Residency status: pending dependent visa?"

Or should I just wait till I get it approved?

If you're getting married within the next 3 months, I would write in your covering letter something like 'I'll be getting married in HK in [month] and will be applying for a dependent visa, so I do not need sponsorship'. Then in your cv: Visa status: dependent visa expected [month]

If you're getting married in more than 3 months time, I can't see that any employer would be willing to wait for you to get your visa sorted, so it's irrelevant - either they'll sponsor you themselves so you can start work, or they'll give the job to someone who is already able to work.

shri likes this.