Pharmacy technician / dispensary in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pharmacy technician / dispensary in Hong Kong

Hi all

I'm qualified pharmacy technician from New Zealand and has 6 years of working experiences there. I've moved to Hong Kong recently and is in search for a new position at the moment.

Can anyone please shed some light on what sort of starting salary range I should be looking at for working in a private clinic or a retail pharmacy in HK? And what sort of working hours are expected?

Cheers

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between a pharmacist and a pharmacy technician?

Can you speak and read Cantonese? Without this I think you might struggle.

Yes I can speak and read Cantonese fluently

I know pharmacists have to have Pharmacist Certificate of Registration and a valid Annual Practising Certificate issued by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Hong Kong, but I don't know about a technician. Is that a dispenser?

Edit: For a registered pharmacist, the top of the scale seems to be $40K pm. FYI.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 02-05-2013 at 12:17 PM.

hmm....from what I gather in HK a technician = dispenser, the require qualification is a Holder of Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy or a Higher Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science/Dispensing Studies

Thanks! I am aware of the salary range for a pharmacist in HK, that seem to be much easier to found in comparison to a technician

Last edited by HFung; 02-05-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HFung:
    Hi all

I'm qualified pharmacy technician from New Zealand and has 6 years of working experiences there. I've moved to Hong Kong recently and is in search for a new position at the moment.

Can anyone please shed some light on what sort of starting salary range I should be looking at for working in a private clinic or a retail pharmacy in HK? And what sort of working hours are expected?

Cheers
    You could apply for a job as a dispensor with the Hong Kong hospital authority . Terms for dispensor go according to the grade point scale ' the vacancy notices are generally only on the website : other is the department of health ' forget private sector work in comparison poor pay and conditions . Don't forget you need hk id to work here they won't sponsor you at that grade

Sent from my ST27i using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    You could apply for a job as a dispensor with the Hong Kong hospital authority . Terms for dispensor go according to the grade point scale ' the vacancy notices are generally only on the website : other is the department of health ' forget private sector work in comparison poor pay and conditions . Don't forget you need hk id to work here they won't sponsor you at that grade

Sent from my ST27i using GeoClicks mobile app
    I have applied for a very few position for dispenser on the HA website and private hospital but so far no sign of life, and plus don't have any hospital experience

I am getting some interest from the private clinic but the pay on offer is much lower than I expect hence why I was wondering if anyone know what would be the standard starting salary range for a dispenser in HK!

Quote Originally Posted by HFung:
    I have applied for a very few position for dispenser on the HA website and private hospital but so far no sign of life, and plus don't have any hospital experience

I am getting some interest from the private clinic but the pay on offer is much lower than I expect hence why I was wondering if anyone know what would be the standard starting salary range for a dispenser in HK!
    recruitment is generally mid year keep trying -- also try department of health web site(non civil service vacancies)
    or try with pharmaceutical companies as a drug rep but the pay is too low to support living on your own

Non-civil service salaries for dispensers seem to range from $16K pm to $31K. Very broad...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast