Seeking suggestions of job interview

Seeking suggestions of job interview

I'm working in Singapore as IT & database, system administrator. I'm having strong enthusiams to work in hong kong and recently i've been actively looking for job opportunities in HK.

finally i have the chance to conduct interview, and the position is web developer.

i'm here to grab opinions from you guyz of what are the things i need to prepare for this interview? it's a phone based interview with 2-3 interviewers and i'm a bit nervous on that. kindly advise?

i know i need to treassure the chance of this interview. greatly appreciate for your help.

anyone? any ideas? thanks.

I'm a bit nervous coz i'll be interviewed by 2 person at the same time over the phone. so your suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated! ^_^

$0.02

Hi,

Im also in Singapore now but will be moving to start work in HK in July. Anyways, with regards to phone interviews.. it'll be very much fit interview questions to see if they like you... they would also ask you about your current roles and responsibilities would be my guess.. a good way to prepare is to list out all your responsibilities on a piece of paper and see if you can expand on 'em into a proper conclusive answer... as for the "fit" questions.. jus be nice! and well spoken!

hope it helps

Exclamation

Stand when on phone: This common technique allows your voice to project and sound more confident. Insure you are in a location where you will have no distractions and no echo. Also look into a mirror if you can. Your facial expressions will reflect through your voice.A smile = sound interested, frowning = disinterested sound

Get dressed for the occasion: Dress as if you are having an in person interview (normally wearing slippers instead of shoes to be a bit more comfortable while standing)

Be Up, Enthusiastic: You are only a resume, a piece of paper, to the potential employer. They likely have many resumes. Your enthusiasm/energy must stand out, but don't sound phony.

Speak clearly and slowly: Many people get very nervous during telephone interviews and may have a tendency to mumble into the phone. Relax, speak slowly. Do not sound rushed or anxious.

Repeat/rephrase detailed questions: restate the question before you answer to be clearly understood what is being asked.

Make preparation notes (questions): But do not write a script for the interview, just speak freely from your notes.

Be prepared to give highlights: Be prepared to give a positive two minute summary of your professional career. Rehearse this using a recorder -- avoids umms and too many uncomfortable and/or long pauses.

Asks questions: You should talk and carry the conversation, not the potential employer. Avoid yes & no answers.

NEVER ASK QUESTIONS IN THESE AREAS IN A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW

Dollars-Security,-Benefits-Comfort & convenience, -Hours

There will be time at another time to get these questions answered later or at the time of an offer.

Best of LUCK!

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

How do you know all this? Are you in recruitment?

No not a recruiter ... my own experience and reading as well and I think SCMP Classified post did an article a few years back.

Last edited by Alby; 11-04-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Almost forgot

Water, you'll be talking so being prepared with a glass just in case dry throat sets in.