Advice for a fresh grad?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

kochiu,

I am in the exact same situation as you. I just came back from Canada last month.

Please send me a message if you want to come out for a drink this weekend. I can share my experience with you.

sure thing, that sounds great!

if you haven't already, check out the Meet and Greet (sp?) forum

i think i'll attend the next meet and greet get-together thing they plan over there

no worres my friend! I was at the same step, I graduated from U of Arizona in Engineer Management and Industria Engineer and no experience, so I tried jobsdb.com and the interview in Hong Kong's company aren't as professional as the US, also they really love people who from somewhere else. And right now is a great time for job hunt, good luck!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dcyuen:
    Engineer Management and Industria Engineer and no experience, so I tried jobsdb.com
    I agree for someone with your majors jobsdb.com is a wealth of potential career growth opportunities. However, I caution on stating the same career opportunities in the Finance industry equates to similar when using jobsdb.com
    Last edited by Alby; 17-04-2008 at 12:16 AM.

well i have applied to a bunch of stuff so far, directly to the firms and some places on jobsdb.com

its been about 2-3 weeks or so, i haven't heard from anybody yet

Quote Originally Posted by kochiu:
    well i have applied to a bunch of stuff so far, directly to the firms and some places on jobsdb.com

its been about 2-3 weeks or so, i haven't heard from anybody yet
    kochui, just to clarify i was referring that for dcyuen's majors jobsdb is a great source but in your earlier post you expressed finance area. i suggest looking at other possibilities as i would use a sense of caution on stating the same career opportunities in the Finance industry equates to similar when using jobsdb.com

Try directly apply from bank's or firms' web site, be consistent like to check the status weekly, be passionate and possitive, you are American so you should know what i'm saying j/k
    O yeah from jobsdb.com sometimes you might come across job posts from job agency so there you go, send them and email or something. good luck

haha thanks dcyuen!