Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Anyone here work for HSBC in Hong Kong?

Anyone here work for HSBC in Hong Kong?

I am in the final stages of securing a position and expect a formal offer soon. I don't know any friends or colleagues working at HSBC in Hong Kong so no resources to call upon.

Am curious to know the work culture, employee benefits and work/life balance. What are the work hours like for roles in a corporate function? Is 9 - 7 ok or will longer hours be expected?

The recruiter gave me a quick overview of the potential package but did not go into details. Regarding the DC pension scheme, what is the employer's contribution rate into the scheme?

The recruiter also mentioned "other benefits", can anyone elaborate on what some of these "other" benefits maybe. She talked about medical and dental but didn't say much else as we only had limited amount of time. In terms of medical and dental, how comprehensive is the coverage?

Any insights appreciated.

It might help to indicate where in HSBC you would be working! Someone in a bank branch may have completely different work expectations to someone in the infrastructure lending branch, for example.

I work for HSBC. Feel free to PM me. Benefits depend on your career banding (grade) and employer pension contribution depends on years of service.

In terms of work culture, I personally think it's a great place to work and there are lots of opportunities available globally for those who have the talent and desire. Working hours depends on the role but 9-7 is usually about the norm although those in roles that require interaction with other teams around the globe (like myself) can expect nighttime conference calls although most areas allow flexible working hours to compensate for this.

Medical coverage depends on your grade and is excellent apart from maternity cover which isn't bad but not enough to have the kids in Matilda for example.

Last edited by statman; 28-05-2013 at 08:43 PM.

moving to hk

will pm you to find out more...

Quote Originally Posted by delta.c2017
    will pm you to find out more...
    2013, haven't seen them around lately so probably long gone.

Hi I am in also the final stages. Can I get some idea what are the retirement/MPF benefits. For e.g. As a Singapore PR I get 7.5% CPF contribution from my current employer. Is there any guidance what HSBC HK pays?

Employer contributes 7% of your salary. You contribute 3%. You can make an additional voluntary contribution of up to 25% and the employer will match up to 2% of this voluntary contribution. In other words you contribute 5% and get 14% in total.

Thanks very useful

Very useful

Lsr

Hi..have you got through and joined in HK.

I have been shortlisted as well and awaiting visa.

SSV

Is that how it works? I understood it as you contribute 5% (3%+2%), they will contribute 9%(7%+2%). Depends on your band also

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast