Interactive Design in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Interactive Design in Hong Kong

Greetings!

Was hoping somebody on here could help me out with a couple of questions.

I'm moving back to HK to live next week (was brought up and lived there 17 years, and my parents are still there), and will be looking for Interactive Design work.

I have 10 years industry experience working in London and the US, for big international clients like Ford and Disney.

My first question is - what kind of salary should I be expecting when applying for jobs? Obviously it will depend on the size and stature of the agency ie Olgivy vs a 10-man small design shop...

I'm expecting salaries will be a lot lower than here in the US - just wanted to know what a realistic expectation to go in at would be so that I don't price myself out of contention!

Also looking for links to any and all interactive shops in town - big or small...old and new. I have a few friends in the industry there already but I really hope to be able to network and interview with a few places when I get there.

Many thanks for any and all help!

Do you mean web or do you mean games etc?

Web, Interactive Information Display via Kiosk and other mediums, Flash Games, CD-Roms, etc...