Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Football16

Finding a Job

Closed Thread

Finding a Job

Hello,
    I know this topic has been discussed before but i have never seen anything specific to my field i work in real estate. I want to move to Hong Kong for the long-term in the finance industry working in the real estate asset management field.

I have worked in real estate development/ asset management for the past 8+ years; and i have worked on some big projects in excess of $50m USD as a development manager and asset manager.

I have a business degree in real estate from a university and i speak english and speak/write basic mandarin (passed HSK2). Learning more mandarin by the day and I'm also considering taking the CFA Level 1 in July.

Given the above how difficult would it be to find a job in this field?
    I'm a 31 year old Canadian born indian male. Does gender, age, race, etc have any bearing on hiring?
    Also is there anything else i could do (education, language) that would improve my odds? I plan on moving in 9 months.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Last edited by gs123; 21-06-2013 at 09:25 AM.

You would have to target companies like Colliers with English speakers. Very competitive. There are some expats in these companies but two I can think of worked for CanCham first then went to their real estate company.

Titus likes this.

Don't hesitate to use a recruiter to find you interviews and such.

Also do some networking when you get here, so keep an eye out for functions/meetups/etc where you can meet people.

I was actually thinking of a job similar to this below; not really with a commercial brokerage house:

http://hk.jobsdb.com/HK/EN/Search/Jo...00003002170534