Helpful Advice Wanted

Closed Thread

Helpful Advice Wanted

I am a fresh graduate from law school at Sydney, will start working in a law firm at HK very soon. Is there anyone who can kindly give me some advice about this working at HK for me?? Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin89866:
    I am a fresh graduate from law school at Sydney, will start working in a law firm at HK very soon. Is there anyone who can kindly give me some advice about this working at HK for me?? Thanks a lot
    What kind of advice are you looking for? I think you're going to have to be a little more specific.

Be prepared for long hours, office politics and back stabbing, Welcome to HK!

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin89866:
    Don't skip the English lessons next time. You'll need to write English a lot better than that if you're going to be a successful lawyer!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Be prepared for long hours, office politics and back stabbing, Welcome to HK!
    Isn't that the same for everywhere? Except maybe the long hours...

Quote Originally Posted by bargnonions:
    Isn't that the same for everywhere? Except maybe the long hours...
    even more so in HK.
    But then I work for an American MNC and its one of the most laid back companies ever thus I have none of the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    even more so in HK.
    But then I work for an American MNC and its one of the most laid back companies ever thus I have none of the problems.
    it is more to do with the culture of the company and leadership, i dont think HK is "even more so".