Sha Tin immigration office

Closed Thread

Sha Tin immigration office

Hi everyone

Does anyone on here have experience of visiting Sha Tin immigration office to get an extension on their visa? I'm just wondering if the queues are better or worse than Wan Chai. It's too late to make an appointment or do it online as my wife's visa has already expired by a few days (long story).

This is more a question of queues rather than visa advice.

Thanks in advance.

I have recently dealt with the Sha Tin immigration office for visa extension and found them to be very efficient. The place looks chaotic when you first arrive, but it seemed that the section dealing with visa extension is fairly small and not overloaded. However, I believe they have very few slots available for walk-ins. If you can't access the online appointment system, to get one of the slots you probably need to be there the minute they open (or even before).

Thanks. My wife made it there early and was one of only 33 places for the quota! Anyway, she needs to go to Wan Chai anyway because her visa has expired and they can't deal with it. :-(

But she said it was very easy otherwise. I think next time she'll just apply online BEFORE it expires (those darn pesky long summer holidays caused all the hassle! LOL.).

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Thanks for the info and update Prisoner. Did Sha Tin let her make an appointment for Wanchai (I know you can't do it online if the visa's expired)?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Thanks for the info and update Prisoner. Did Sha Tin let her make an appointment for Wanchai (I know you can't do it online if the visa's expired)?
    No, they advised her to rush over to Wan Chai but it was already 09:00 so obviously a waste of time. She's just gonna bite the bullet and get to WC for 06:30 to try and lessen the lunacy!