Salary for a VP level developer for High Frequency Trading (HFT) Desk

Closed Thread

Salary for a VP level developer for High Frequency Trading (HFT) Desk

Hi,

I have 5+ years of development experience and have been offered a position as a front office senior developer (VP level) for the HFT desk at one of the big European investment banks. I am currently in India and have a similar work profile. The salary negotiation part has started and I am unable to figure out what would be a right number. My salary + bonus is India is pretty good (last year was approx HK$ 650K). Can someone help me with a range of salary expected for such profile? My research suggests it to be between HK$ 900K to 1million + bonus. Would this be correct or on the lower side or would I pricing myself out of market?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I was recently looking at salarys in HK and came across this page:

http://www.michaelpage.com.hk/salary-centre.html

Should give you a good indication I think. Working in FO IB tech should put you at the higher end of the ranges shown.

WOW, Indian is so expensive!
    US should move their jobs back.

Quote Originally Posted by rednblue19:
    Hi,

I have 5+ years of development experience and have been offered a position as a front office senior developer (VP level) for the HFT desk at one of the big European investment banks. I am currently in India and have a similar work profile. The salary negotiation part has started and I am unable to figure out what would be a right number. My salary + bonus is India is pretty good (last year was approx HK$ 650K). Can someone help me with a range of salary expected for such profile? My research suggests it to be between HK$ 900K to 1million + bonus. Would this be correct or on the lower side or would I pricing myself out of market?

Thanks in advance.
    What's the size of the HK firm? Is it multi-national or local?

900-1m sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbaby:
    What's the size of the HK firm? Is it multi-national or local?
    one of the big European investment banks