Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By elliee

Law graduate looking for training contract in a HK law firm

Closed Thread

Law graduate looking for training contract in a HK law firm

Hi everyone!

I am from the UK, I graduated in English law but is hoping to qualify and practice in Hong Kong. I speak native English, Cantonese and Mandarin.

I will be interning in Shenzhen for a couple months and hope to find something for the period after. I am looking for a training contract to become a solicitor in a Hong Kong law firm.

Does anyone know where I should start looking? Would it be better to just to go on the company websites or are there any good recruitment agencies or websites I should sign up with and have a look at?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmabel:
    Hi everyone!

I am from the UK, I graduated in English law but is hoping to qualify and practice in Hong Kong. I speak native English, Cantonese and Mandarin.

I will be interning in Shenzhen for a couple months and hope to find something for the period after. I am looking for a training contract to become a solicitor in a Hong Kong law firm.

Does anyone know where I should start looking? Would it be better to just to go on the company websites or are there any good recruitment agencies or websites I should sign up with and have a look at?

Thanks!
    By law graduate do you mean you have completed your PCLL? If not, you should confirm whether you will be able to take up a training contract.

Recruitment agencies do not typically deal with trainee placements. Firms have very structured programmes, details of which (including when and how to apply) are found on their web sites.
    Watercooler likes this.

No PCLL, no can do. Simple as that OP. You need to take the PCLL (and select solicitor stream vs the barrister stream) and then apply at a firm in HK.

Jobsdb; Magic circle firms in HK should be where you look. Though I imagine the competition to be fierce if you weren't recruited in as you grad. Good luck