Cathay Pacific Interview

Yellowknife NT Canada- Moving to Hong Kong

Cathay Pacific Interview

Coming from Canada as a Pilot, taking part in the Cathay Pacific Interview process, What percentage of having a fiance will improve the chances of getting the job?

Why would having a fiance be relevant to increase your chances of having a job though? I'd thought it would be judged on flying hours and experience and of course good references and nothing else.

Canadian eh....recent decision to move to Cathay??

Most pilots live in DB and there is an active community there so by default, yes, you do need a spouse and a box of OMO.

Seriously- no idea if it would make any difference at all but don't see why it would.

You'd get a better opinion askinmg at the "Fragrant Harbour Wannabes" forum over at PPRuNe Forums - Professional Pilots Rumour Network

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    Canadian eh....recent decision to move to Cathay??

Most pilots live in DB and there is an active community there so by default, yes, you do need a spouse and a box of OMO.

Seriously- no idea if it would make any difference at all but don't see why it would.
    box of OMO? That is a reference that I haven't heard for ages - I only thought that happened in certain mining towns in Australia. (if it is what I am thinking)

Old Man Out

If you're engaged its important that she goes, they are pretty strong on the family thing, so if she can come and show that she's interest in HK and will be able to fit in here fine , that should count as something * should also when you're here get to know the other wives too it help.