Like Tree2Likes

Where to find fresher jobs in IT in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to find fresher jobs in IT in HK?

Hi All!

I'm living in HK on a dependent visa and looking for a freshers job in IT. Any leads as to where should I begin? Any links to job agencies or direct requirements will be highly appreciated.

Just for reference, I have some experience in Manufacturing / Automotive industry as QA. However, I cannot find any relevant jobs here as their fundamental requirement is Chinese language.

Cheers!!!

What do you mean by freshers job exactly?

Try the usual recruiters

Robert Half
    Robert Walters
    Hudson
    Hays
    Michael Page

Thanks for the info jimbo.

Freshers meaning I don't any experience in IT. I'll be joining as a trainee.

BTW, where to find job agents in HK? (not the websites)

LinkedIn

Upload a profile and they'll find you.

Erm... If you're coming at this with no significant qualification or experience, and you're looking for a company to train you up, I suspect you're going to have trouble. There are a lot of local IT guys around who work for peanuts, do speak/read/write Chinese, and have at least some online or vocational qualification - not to mention that employee training really isn't a big thing here anyway.

What do you bring - other than, presumably, English fluency - that might make it worth someone's while?

Are you tech minded? As in, do you know about smartphones, how to set them up, troubleshooting PC's, routers, modem, etc?

If so, I have a job for 18-20k per month. Big US company looking for IT tech support for VIPs. You basically have to look after their tech equipment, and set up video conferences. IT knowledge and English fluency, that's it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

PP

Ouch that's somewhat under market rates

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    PP

Ouch that's somewhat under market rates
    It's a no brainer, entry level job. They're not asking for any degree qualifications, so it's about right me thinks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

I'm with jimbo on this - I'm not sure the VIPs would be happy with what they get for 18-20K. I knew someone who was doing that for one of the Swiss investment banks here a couple of years back and I'm pretty sure she was on about 3 times that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    I'm with jimbo on this - I'm not sure the VIPs would be happy with what they get for 18-20K. I knew someone who was doing that for one of the Swiss investment banks here a couple of years back and I'm pretty sure she was on about 3 times that.
    Ultimately depends on the Industry.

HKJC had a position doing exec support but they were only offering $35k a month.
    IB's would be $45k upwards at least.

Even retail banks are paying $28k for these roles.

So yes PP definitely under market rates.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast