Like Tree260Likes

Salary of 65000 HDK per month ok to live

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Hey all thanks this gives me some confidence.
    Can some one through some light on what scope doctors have?

Quote Originally Posted by ajude:
    Thanks Kim, my wife is a doctor, do u think she can get some clinical or non clinical job in hk
    I believe foreign trained doctors have to sit an exam / require additional training to be registered here. The exam is held twice a year. http://www.mchk.org.hk/

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    I believe foreign trained doctors have to sit an exam / require additional training to be registered here. The exam is held twice a year. http://www.mchk.org.hk/
    Besides the exam any scope for non clinical jobs?

Getting into the licensed medical profession (from outside) is not an easy affair. I dont have any specifics but I'm good friends with one that accomplished it - it took a couple of years, lots of studying and multi-step exams as well as interviews.

If you are looking to stay long term, its well worth it (they are now here on their 6th year)...

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Getting into the licensed medical profession (from outside) is not an easy affair. I dont have any specifics but I'm good friends with one that accomplished it - it took a couple of years, lots of studying and multi-step exams as well as interviews.

If you are looking to stay long term, its well worth it (they are now here on their 6th year)...
    Thanks Howard. I guess she will have to come to Hk and check her luck

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:

Is there a language requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Is there a language requirement?
    Yup, English.
    All books, interviews and exams are in English.

My friend is strictly monolingual and this did not present any problems.
    jgl likes this.

isnt it time for a FAQ?

chris_yang22 likes this.

65K a month for three peeps is doable indeed.

Housing can be anywhere from 10K to 20K (dont spend more) be it in a house (flat) or in a condo with full facilities (tones of new buildings in the new territories w 7/900 sqf flat renting for 12-18K)

Key things are:
    - Where will you be working and how much commute you can take?
    - What school are you aiming for and how much are you willing to fork out on a monthly basis

The rest is totally up to you...some folks here live well on 30K a month and some can't be happy on 200k/month without kids so....

Ric Ng likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ajude:
    Middle class life style with family able to accommodate with 65k HDK per month
    yes. lower middle class

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast