frustrated with unemployment

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    that f-ing dinosaur haunted me through both of my younger sisters growing up...one of my sisters recently became a mother...im glad im 6000miles away so that pre-historic to**er doesn't come back to haunt me a third time... (hmm maybe some anger management issues here!!)
    you dont' have anger management issues, its comopletely normal to want to commit homicide at the thought of childrens television. I never watched this stuff when I was a kid, I had to play in the garden and play with boxes and stuffed toys, man all this telly is evil and so addictive for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by timklip:
    if your working is not about financial considerations, but rather simply a need to get out of the house (and who doesn't have those feelings after a while? after mat leave and 4 mths of unpaid leave, my wife is going berserk! lol) would you consider volunteering? i'm sure you could occupy your time at one of the many orgs in town...
    volunteering sounds good, also language lesson mentioned by another person, its just not as cool as finding my own job, but its bound to be satisfying and stimulating. I'll look into it, cheers for the advice, Sophie

funny enough, barney doesn't bother me... it's the kids with the pasted on smile that looks like they've been into some illicit drugs or something...there's also the new sidekick, that i find terrifying...

PS> m older one is now used to watching discovery channel with me... i'm a much happier mummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophienaz:
    I really can't be bothered with mingling with strangers and flirting with random freaks
    Lol you should definitely come check out our Happy Hour / junk trip / various Geo outings then.... cos that's all we do on such occasions...!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophienaz:
    volunteering sounds good, also language lesson mentioned by another person, its just not as cool as finding my own job, but its bound to be satisfying and stimulating. I'll look into it, cheers for the advice, Sophie
    Sure its not as cool as finding your own job but you just might be able to find something from somebody you meet by volunteering.

I'm hosting the happy hour on friday but if I come across anybody that might be able to help you out then I will be more than happy to pass it on.