Like Tree20Likes

Inflationary Pay Rise

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    I'm amazed at how many of you work for someone else, spend the amount of time you do on geo, and still get large pay raises. You must all be very good multi-taskers.
    Its called mastering the art of delegating
    closedcasket likes this.

From a different perspective - as a private English tutor - increasing my income depends on 1) increasing my hourly rates with current students and 2) bringing in new students. Based on those 2 factors I would say I'm looking at around a 10-15% increase compared with last year.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    How will you be spending your 2%?
    You only can think in terms of spending? What about saving it?

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    I'm amazed at how many of you work for someone else, spend the amount of time you do on geo, and still get large pay raises. You must all be very good multi-taskers.

My pay raise lies in the hands of the RMB...not going up as much as I'd like to be honest.....
    In recent weeks your pay rise is negative then?
    closedcasket likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    From a different perspective - as a private English tutor - increasing my income depends on 1) increasing my hourly rates with current students and 2) bringing in new students. Based on those 2 factors I would say I'm looking at around a 10-15% increase compared with last year.
    You can also work more hours.
    Or charge the same amount for 45 minutes rather than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    You can also work more hours.
    Or charge the same amount for 45 minutes rather than an hour.
    Correct! Although 'working more hours' generally falls into the category of 'finding new students' as existing students usually won't take extra hours apart from special circumstances such as exams coming up etc .

Charging for 45 mins instead of an hour would be amazing but I've had little luck in implementing that yet!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5