to leave or not to leave.. thats the question

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

to leave or not to leave.. thats the question

Will u still leave your company for a better one (better salary) if the current company just send you to Europe for a week of training??

Keep in mind that im only a mid-level employee (not even a manager) and that training was not really necessary but is just a way to make me feel important.

Long term benefit over short term placebo. No real decision needed.
    You'll always be mid-level if you don't HTFU.

Long term benefit over short term placebo. No real decision needed.
    You'll always be mid-level if you don't HTFU.
    long term benefit=leaving for a better job?
    short term benfit=training ?

Also, What HTFU means?

Sorry for all those stupid questions

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The unnecessary training was a fancy "Job Well Done" Certificate. Would you stay for a certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheck:
    Also, What HTFU means?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y"]Chopper will explain[/ame].

Claire has explained it better than I have. You need to look further than a short training course but also don't change job simply because the money is better.
    Make a list with 'good' on one side and 'bad' on the other and write down the good and bad things about changing job. This will give you an idea of whether it is right or not.

nice explanation.

Last edited by Dimsumyumyum; 31-07-2008 at 11:50 AM.

should i say good-bye to a good reference letter and my reputation?

leaving the company right after they send me to europe for training just dosent seems like good thing.

I think Lammarite has given you the best advice (the good and bad list). We can't make the decision for you as it is very personal to you. Do what you think is best for you in the long term.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by realitycheck:
    should i say good-bye to a good reference letter and my reputation?

leaving the company right after they send me to europe for training just dosent seems like good thing.
    So why the f*** are you asking? You clearly want to stay put and seem merely to be seeking validation of a decision you have already made.

Stay where you are. Give up on the better job. Don't inflict yourself on a company and job that you believe you truly don't deserve.

Good luck.

So why the f*** are you asking? You clearly want to stay put and seem merely to be seeking validation of a decision you have already made.

Stay where you are. Give up on the better job. Don't inflict yourself on a company and job that you believe you truly don't deserve.

Good luck.
    The reason I asked is coz I want to know if other people was in a similar situation b4 , i want to know how did they deal with it and what happened after... the common pratice.

Also, maybe there are some hidden message that i didn't say but what make u think i dont believe i deserve the new job?
    Last edited by realitycheck; 31-07-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast