HK labour law

Closed Thread
  1. #1

    HK labour law

    Hi everybody,

    I am seeking for your advise related to HK labour law. Follow case:

    Friend of mine is working for a HK company. In his contract mention 13 salary plus a commission for every ship container. Until now, he still not see any cent of his 13 salary. The agreed commission, which should pay twice per year, in April and Oct, he is also not received either. The amount of the bonus are not little. To confront his boss with this issues are useless. He promises to pay in may, June,July etc... On the top the company is going to bankrupt now.

    Do my friends has any chance if consult a lawyer?
    Can you advise lawyer?
    How to handle with this kind of corrupt employer?

    Any advise are very much appreciate.

    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Sham Tseng

    Before paying a lawyer ... recommend that the Labor Department is consulted first to at least self-educate yourself a bit --- the workers here a usually helpful and go in detail about what is the law and whether or not the situation has even the slightest consideration(s). Plus it is free ... and you will be better prepared when paying to speak/consult with a lawyer.

    E-mail: [email protected]
    (Your enquiry will be processed and replied within five working days. If this is not possible, an interim reply will be sent to you for information.)

    2544 3271

    By Post:
    The Commissioner for Labour,
    Labour Department
    16/F, Harbour Building,
    38 Pier Road,
    Hong Kong

    You may also make use of our telephone hotline 2717 1771 (the hotline is handled by "1823 Citizen's Easy Link") which provides round-the-clock service for general enquiries on topics of labour legislation and services of the Labour Department.

  3. #3

    Many thanks Alby.
    will forward your useful advise to my friend.