payraise

Closed Thread

payraise

Hi,

Hope to get some advise from guys that have been here some time. I started working here a year ago on a local contract with an locally based firm, which is part of a large UK plc.
    My starting salary was comparable to what I would have earned back home. A year down the lane, my role has changed and I have become more of a team leader/coordinator, making sure the team delivers within the time frame set. I get comments from senior staff that I am 'a star' and all sorts of likewise compliments (don't want to sound cocky, but is part of my question)
    My salary hasn't particularly risen accordingly though - i did get a payraise three months ago, but that was 5% only, and I am assuming it is an annual exercise to cover inflation rates -
    Any suggestions on how to bring this issue to my boss' attention? Would a simple email suffice? Or am I the 'typical' employee, not satisfied with what he earns?
    any advice/comments appreciated.
    cheers

I would have thought a personal approach would be better than an email. Do you have performance reviews at all? If not, you need to make clear your commitment to the company to make sure it does not sound like a "pay me more or I'm off" threat.